Saturday, April 18, 2015

Thank God for Weekends

It's been one of those weeks where I am drowning in work and cannot see the end (even though I know there will be a reprieve), I haven't made it to the gym at all, it's been raining all week, traffic has been utter hell, I haven't been able to find the energy to read a single page in the book I wanted to start this week...I could go on.  But on the week of my 1 year work anniversary I cannot help but remember how lucky I am to be employed and for this lovely reminder of how freaking great weekends (and wine) are.  Even though I'm sad that Matt and I have been passing like ships in the night and will continue to do so this weekend I think I needed to come home Friday night to an empty and quiet house. 

  • I spent Friday doing a few chores to get ahead of the weekend and catching up on some internet reading.  Jaclyn Day's blog is by far one of my very favorites -- she posts really good shopping finds, links great articles and generally never runs out of interesting things to put forth into my world. 
  • I am really taking advantage of Spotify lately.  This playlist was pretty neat.  I like that I usually listen to something random that I never would normally listen to when I'm on the site. 
  • One of the highlights of my week was getting my hair colored.  I ventured out to the Aveda School because we have one here in Atlanta and the prices are insanely good for the students. I have not had my hair really highlighted since I was in college other than  my dabble in ombre the last year or so.  It feels crazy but at the same time I'm strangely wanting more blonde already. I got a cut and full foil for $90. 
  • I joined a Pug Playgroup that meets once a month.  I missed April's meeting up but May is Pug Prom.  My heart may explode.  (Did I mention this already? I am so tired I can't even remember!)
Tonight Matt and I are spending the night at the Housewife's place and watching all the little ones until tomorrow morning so she can have a fancy date night in the city.  Other than that I'm grabbing a few plants at Home Depot and doing some more work to hopefully get caught up for the upcoming week -- apologies to everyone that comes in on Monday to emails from me on Saturday. I'm sorry that I have to be that person. 

Happy weekend! 

~the married gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment