Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Grinch

A post from the Single Gal! It must seem like a Christmas miracle to y'all.  No, I didn't die from running the marathon.  But, I did almost die the week after I came back when I caught a terrible, awful stomach bug.  I won't go into the gory details but it involved a lot of vomiting. And, I doubt I can ever eat another can of Campbell's Select Harvest Italian Wedding soup ever, ever, ever again. 

I just wanted to say "Hi!" and check in with all my favorites.  The Housewife summed up the Marathon (I think "marathon" should be a proper noun, don't you?) pretty well.  It was hard--like really, really, really hard. It was cold. We felt sick to our stomachs. The last 7-8 miles were complete misery.  I would swear never to do another one again, except I didn't meet my goal for a 4:30 time and the fact that I know I can do better is seriously nagging at me.  But, for now I think The Housewife and I will stick to nothing longer than 13.1 for 2012. 

Seriously though, Christmas is here! How did that happen?!  And The Housewife is right--it came too fast! It has been really hectic to get my shopping done post marathon and try to decorate and cook and wrap and get through these next couple weeks at work while so many are out on vacay. Here are some things Hogan and I have been up to--like hanging stockings by the chimney/large-TV-mounted-above-my-mantle with care: 


*Note, Single Gal is technologically challenged. So, I do realize I have some light strands out on my tree. But when Single Gals run Marathons, somethings gotta give. 





In other news, I am trying hard not to be a straight up Grinch this week. Not because I am single during the holiday season, but because Sunday night the bank called me and some Jerkface in Canada swiped just over $235 out of my account on a bogus charge.  First, the Jerkface was really lucky I even had that much in my checking account.  I was also lucky that charge didn't overdraft my account. They will put the money back, but not for 10 business days--which is obviously after Christmas. This also means I have to get a new debit card, which also won't be here for 5-7 business days (again, after Christmas). I am supposed to get a "temporary" debit card at the bank. You know, because I haven't had to work through lunch all this week just to keep my head above water.  

Also, when I attended a holiday party on Friday night I guess Hogan Monster (see above photo) was unhappy because he wasn't invited. So, he ate my eyeglasses. Like, totally crunched the lens out of the frame and made one of my ear pieces bend in an unnatural way.  I am very tempted to put coal in his stocking. Not. Even. Kidding.

Love you. Mean it. 


~the single gal~

2 comments:

  1. hi just dropping by to say hi to a fellow grinch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's a bit late but hello back! :) Thanks for stopping by! ~single gal~

    ReplyDelete