Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Funday

In honor of Sunday Funday I wanted to do a "fun" post with fun Single Gal woes like dying over shoes and fun places to eat. Life is too short to be so serious all the time. 

Let's talk about the new JCrew catalogue that just came out.  So many dreamy items that are really testing my shopping addiction.  The one item that really jumped out at me was this:

The Mona Pump

Brick Red Mona Pump


Also in a pretty neutral!

Seriously, if I come into a spare $500 I am buying The Mona in both of these colors.  So classy and beautiful. 

And, while we are coveting things...I am also obsessed with blazers right now.  I could wear this outfit in different colors every day and be happy all of fall! 




While I have been having a lot of success with the rest of my budget, I am admittedly still doing a bit of shopping.  But hey, I decided to go to St. Simons with 3 Putt and I grabbed some swimsuit cover-ups on sale. I can't look frumpy on the beach.  And it's so nice to come home to something--even if it's your sweet dog AND a fun package on the front stoop. 

It's been a great weekend--The Housewife and I ran 12 miles on Saturday morning and did lots of prep to make sure they were 12 good miles. Big focus on hydration since it has been so hot, up early to run at 5 a.m. before the sun was up to beat the heat, and gels/water/Powerade to refuel with during the run.  We made it--and we weren't miserable at all.  (We are coming for you Rock and Roll Marathon!)  The legs feel pretty good today, but I did skip some workouts last week due to scheduling conflicts so I was well rested by Saturday.   

Also, I was finally able to dine at Table 1280--the quaint restaurant and lounge at Atlanta's Woodruff Arts Center.  3 Putt and I had a late reservation which meant that we ended up having the entire restaurant to ourselves which was super fun (thanks to our wonderful server who let us finish our bottle of wine without blinking the lights at us to get out since it was past closing time!).  Great food and ambience--I can't wait to go back!  If you are in Atlanta I highly recommend trying out this lovely location for lunch or dinner. How beautiful is this darling eatery outside the High Museum? 



*Midtown Restaurant Week is August 27th - September 4th and Table 1280 will be participating! 


I topped the weekend off with a fabulous catch-up brunch with The Housewife and E, which was a perfect way to start Sunday Funday.  Good food, girl talk, and much needed coffee. Hope you all did some of your favorite things this weekend, just like me! 


Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~


No comments:

Post a Comment