Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Obsessions

As someone with a truly obsessive personality I could probably write about obsessions I have every minute of every day of the week, but Monday seems like a great place to start.  I may make my this segment permanent on our blog {You. Are. Welcome.}.  

Garden and Gun Magazine

If you love the South you will love this mag! They have a cute little office in Charleston, SC and just launched their new and improved website.  Check them out here.  They are featuring some of the South's best bars in their current issue! 



2011 Taxes
I swear the government takes a lot from my paycheck as is, but I feel like my refund is a bit paltry this year.  And yes, I know that the ideal situation is that you neither get a refund nor should you have to pay so that you aren't giving the government an interest-free loan.  BUT -- it is still a little something to look forward to if I want to get a small present for myself and usually I put it in savings if possible.  Let's just say that I am starting to see the benefit of having children -- for deductions, of course. Not warm, fuzzy feelings. 

Side note -- can I please deduct Hogan's medical expenses????


Speaking of Hogan's medical expenses, I have been stalking the Atlanta Boxer Rescue page lately and I have been more than heartbroken over a story of an abused boxer that they have in their care right now.  I have already made a donation but would like to make another, larger one in the next few weeks {i have also linked his story if you click on "Atlanta Boxer Rescue above}.  I know all the sweet boxers with the organization need help but I have seriously been up at night thinking of Myles.  I am posting his photo and the link to his story below {note, this photo is harsh and heartbreaking}.  Perhaps I can also help him by sharing his story with other people.  I couldn't  bear for Hogan to be in a single ounce of the pain that Myles must be experiencing. 

Meet Myles.


Meet Myles, the newest addition to ABR. For only being 7 months old, this poor boy has certainly had a very rough start in life. His young body is covered in parasites, inside and out. On the outside, Myles has one of the worst cases of demodectic mange we have ever seen. Demodectic mange is a treatable skin disease caused by parasitic mites. When left untreated, it can cause secondary skin infections. Myles was obviously left untreated for a long time, because his skin infection is so bad that he has bleeding sores and scabs all over his face, neck and chest. And if that wasn’t enough, Myles is also extremely underweight and has intestinal parasites. Despite how uncomfortable he must be, he’s such a sweet boy with a heart of gold. The road ahead for Myles will be a long one, but he’s up for the fight. 


Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment