Thursday, June 9, 2011

Martha Stewart might put a hit out on me. Seriously.

It has been a busy two weeks at the Housewife household. What I couldn't tell you before I can tell you now. After the circus of #1's baptism and reception I have been planning a surprise retirement party for my sweet mother-in-law. I've been helping out Turtle's Dad because the Turtle's Grandmother was in the hospital and was eventually moved to hospice the week before the party. So I happily volunteered to spend my father-in-laws money and plan the big par-tay. We've been planning this since April.

The Single Gal had to talk me off the ledge a few times and due to Turtle's grandmother passing away the night before the party and I really thought we were going to have to let the cat out of the bag. Namely because Turtle's younger sis lives in South Florida and was driving up under the guise of "my birthday." Which really seemed insane to Turtle's Mom because the funeral is this weekend and sis was going to have to come all the way back again (she didn't even leave Atlanta until Tuesday folks) on Friday. While we had a sad event in between we were able to pull of the surprise flawlessly.

I channeled my inner DIY and made some mason jar vases for the party based on an idea from this link. I added a button to mine.



Here we are with Turtle on Saturday


Other big news is that The Single Gal and I had to start training for the Las Vegas Marathon Monday. Today is my 4th day of working out in a row and I really think my coach is trying to kill me. The workouts are not even very difficult right now but he's making me do ab work. I have never been one to do very much ab work unless I'm doing a gym class with the Single Gal and let's face it........it's been a long time since I did a gym class. Don't get me wrong, I've been going to the gym a couple days a week running and doing a yoga class every Friday. I did my ab work on Monday after my run and my stomach muscles are still screaming. Still. I'm definitely ready to get back to my old marathon running self but it is definitely challenging. We're not even to the hard stuff yet, this is just "base" training. The training before the training. Super. 

If you need me I'll be staging my come back. Just like Britney Spears. Hit me baby one more time. I'm off to the gym........

No comments:

Post a Comment