Saturday, October 11, 2014

Happy October!

I know, I know we are already 11 days in -- but I'm here and welcoming October.  I have assumed supreme Golf Widow status since Matt has tournaments the rest October on the weekends.  We have very few social plans on the calendar so far for the entire month and it is a blissful feeling.  September was really wonderful and busy but I can't deny how nice it is to just relax.  I'm hoping to get caught up on blogging but maybe that never happens? 

I have to say that we did a great job of getting some wedding items knocked off the list in September.  I sent off my passport to be renewed (it just came back -- goodbye horrible photo of me),  we had our shower, I had my Bachelorette, ordered wedding invites and stamps (sent them out last week -- so that's technically October), ordered my wedding band (!!!), wrote copious amounts of thank you notes, took copious kitchen items to Goodwill to make room for the new, sent our deposit to the restaurant for our dinner, ordered and sent our invites to Matt's parents for our reception in Scotland in January.   

Wedding planning reflections so far -- the To Do list is long but lately it hasn't been that bad.  The beginning was stressful -- so many decisions but other than the debacle with my wedding dress (more on this later) I haven't shed any tears and we haven't had any big arguments.   I have been incredibly overwhelmed by the love and support we have received from friends and family -- especially some friends of mine that I am not able to invite to the wedding but have sent us a gift and well wishes.  I could have cried with happiness. I was so touched.  Every day I wake up and I am so happy with our decision to keep it small and intimate even if it hurts to miss some family on our big day.  Also -- I placed two orders with Wedding Paper Divas and I want to take a moment to say their customer service is amazing and my invites were beautiful and well done.  I had an issue with switching a shipping and billing address for our invites that were shipping to Scotland and they were really on top of this issue and corrected it for me with no problems.  Also -- LOVE that they ship overseas.  That was a big plus.  Super happy customer right here - I would highly recommend them! 

I picked up my wedding band yesterday. I want to wear it every day. I think Matt is going to have to hide it from me.  This is what I looked like last night according to him: 


I wanted to add some other pictures but I'm taking the plunge and updating my phone this morning.  I hope it survives.  

Love you. Mean it. 
~the engaged gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment