Thursday, February 2, 2012

Butter Really Does Make Everything Better

Just because the holidays have come and gone doesn't mean that my baking frenzy is over! I came yesterday and it was a very rainy afternoon. I had a migraine and thought my whole evening after work was completely done for, but I was cruising Pinterest after taking some meds and was suddenly feeling better and feeling inspired.  

Let's talk about the best part of this recipe -- I had all the ingredients measured out and practically had them all mixed together by the time my oven was pre-heated! What's better than a super easy bread recipe that takes next to no time and involves a beer? I used a leftover Guinness that was in the fridge since I had to buy them to make a beef stew a few weeks ago {that I never ended up blogging about}.  

I have linked the recipe to credit the person who came up with this delicious and easy bread, but you can also just read it below. 

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp honey or agave nectar
  • 1 12 oz bottle of beer
  • 4 Tbsp butter, melted (you can double if you want)



Yield: 1 Loaf

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9"x 5" x 3" loaf pan

In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir the beer and honey into the dry ingredients until just mixed.  Tip -- put the honey into the microwave for a bit to make it easier to mix!

Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan. Spoon batter into pan, then pour the rest of the butter on top. 

Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Serve immediately. 




Smells good!!! 


Butter really did make my day better. And beer.  And bread. 


Love you. Mean it. 

~the single gal~





No comments:

Post a Comment