Monday, May 21, 2012

A Housewife State of The Union

I have been hiding something from you and it's time for me to fess up. We should all be very grateful that the Single Gal has been on top of her blogging game and taking care of business here. I've been very tired and..........let's just say very nauseous. In November of this year our household will be growing and it's not just by one.


Answers to a few questions I'm sure everyone has.

Q: Wow, you're a twin and you're having twins?
A:  I'm sure stranger things have happened. They are fraternal and fraternal does run in my family.

Q: I guess you're not going to be able to cloth diaper anymore?
A: While I am sure the first several months I will be very sleep deprived I do plan on cloth diapering 60-80 percent of the time once they can fit into the one size cloth diapers. I will be home with them during the day and I will be changing most of the diapers. I can only imagine the amount of trash double the diapers will produce. I am looking into some all-in-one diapers versus the pocket diapers so we can eliminate the stuffing portion. I will give updates as they come. It's not rocket science, it's just a cloth diaper. Traveling outside of the home with three will be hard enough so I'm not sure if I will use cloth on the go but anything I can do not to buy 140 diapers a week will help.

Q: You will probably need a new car.
A: Yes. We are selling one car and we will be getting a minivan. I'm excited except for the fact I hate buying cars which is why we never do it. I don't really care if people have a problem with a van. I want my automatic sliding doors and lift gate. And I don't want your Ford Expedition EXL gas bill or 12 miles around town. Thanks but no thanks.


I'm a little moody today. Happy that Turtle is off and we got some things done this morning but people are starting to irritate me. If I didn't solicit your advice for something then I don't want it. I'm tired of snide comments about the cloth diapering and what I "won't" be able to do. If you don't have anything supportive to say then keep it to yourself. I've had a baby already. I know that I haven't raised twins but I am one. I'm sure it will be hard but people do it all the time. I feel like Turtle and I are making the best decisions possible for us when we make them and that's all that matters. I don't really care if you don't like them or agree with them. It's not anyone else's decision to make.

That was so much better than hearing Obama talk about the economy, right? Now I have to finish a sewing order and try to get rid of this headache before it turns into a migraine. And the Single Gal will be gleeful that I posted.

Love to all
The Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment