Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wordsday

Judging from the stats "Wordless Wednesday" isn't all that popular...except this week has been stressful and hard already so it's a good thing we run a dictatorship here on this blog and not a democracy. I kid. But seriously, y'all are getting mo' pictures today.  And mo' words on Wordsday...get it???? OK I'll stop now.


This weekend I was strolling through Target and these drew me right in.  I spent $20 for 6 blooms which is not typically my flower budget, but I had a $25 gift card and they were just too gorgeous.  I am overwhelmed with their happy, pink, joyfulness every time I walk into the house. Totally worth the price!  


Saturday afternoon was spent at the pool with The Housewife and #1. We took turns dipping her into the pool and swimming her around. Then, it was back to my place for pizza! {Except she had some crackers first...hence the spot on her sweet face!}





I took the words "Sunday Funday" to heart and had a wonderful three hour brunch with Elise at Varasano's in Atlanta. It's located at the bottom of a giant condo building on Peachtree which meant that we had complete shade and a light breeze on the patio until 3 p.m. I had wine, but I will have to return since they have $10 bottomless mimosas, bellini's, and Bloody Mary's on the menu.   I also ended up heading home...and the to PURE with 3 Putt for margs and dinner. Needless to say I was quite toasted by the end of the evening and fell right to sleep. {Big thanks to 3 Putt for a lovely meal and for fixing all those fuses that blew during the storm.}



In other news I have been pretty down and grumpy this week. I am trying my best to have a good attitude about being the main person assisting with files that belonged to a rep that quite my office...but, I am SO over getting yelled at because of things that person never did or returned calls that person never made.  And, I am over fraud training classes that are 1 hour each. Stab. My. Eyes. Out. I have also just been stressed about my car and trying to get it repaired so it will pass emissions before my birthday. It needs a lot of work which equals a lot of money out of my small savings account. 

But...the UPS man made a surprise visit to my house today and I was overwhelmed with a generous gift from Little A.  I felt so much better and it reminded me that if nothing else, I have great friends who will listen and support me in these hard times and you can't really ask for much more than that.  Even so, a little kate spade doesn't hurt! 


Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment