Tuesday, August 7, 2012

24 Weeks

I went to the gym today and one of the main childcare ladies was commenting on how I was already "really big." Gee, thanks. I'm not sure how to take that because as this is a twin pregnancy, I missed the memo where I'm supposed to look "small." I think it's only fair to assume that two babies would equal a  larger stomach and I feel that I look appropriate and not too terrible yet. It makes sense to me but who am I to say such? So here is my bump..........go ahead and point your fingers and say, "whoa she is enormous!"

it's actually sort of difficult to take self photos

I get that no one wants to get incredibly large when they are pregnant. I'm worrying about a lot more than my "size" or what someone thinks my size should be at this point. My nursery is a wreck, how am I going to breastfeed twins with a 2 year old so I don't spend insane amounts of money on formula? And lets talk about my c-section nightmares. No, it has not been determined I have to have a c-section yet but tell that to my subconscious. I'll be glad to have large and developed babies so they don't have to go to the NICU. To be honest, I'm feeling great and not uncomfortable at this point at all. The only annoying thing is the restless leg syndrome deal; it drives me crazy at night. #1 is starting pre-school soon and we are going on vacation in September. Trust me, I have plenty on my mind without analyzing every love handle and the size of my stomach. I am sure I will start to get very uncomfortable and large in the 3rd trimester. So what? And no, you don't have to tell me that I'm going to get even bigger. I kind of figured that out- but thank you for your public service announcement.


Weight gain? Eh, probably 20 pounds. I only weigh at the doctor and that is Friday.
Cravings? Definitely into sweets right now. As in I may go to the grocery store to make some pumpkin coffee cake I pinned on pinterest this week.
Genders? all things pink
Movement? most definitely
Miss anything?  running and not being treated like a state fair exhibit and regular clothes
Pregnancy woes?  occasional round ligament pain, heartburn and restless legs

If you need me I will definitely keep lying to complete strangers by moving up my due date and by saying I am only having one girl.

The Housewife


No comments:

Post a Comment