Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekend Recap

Happy Sunday everyone! This past week was filled with social engagements. Super fun stuff but I got in ONE workout and spent almost all my time away from work with friends...except that one day I was in bed with a migraine.  

I actually had my first social engagement last Tuesday.  While this wasn't necessarily part of the weekend I wanted to throw it out there because one of my favorite Atlanta restaurants, Noche has 1/2 priced bottles of wine on Tuesdays.  I went out to catch up with C and we had a blast.  They have several locations around town and my bill for the night was insanely small when all was said and done. We left with my favorite doggy bag of all -- our leftover 2nd bottle of wine that we didn't finish. 

Friday I went out with work friends for Happy Hour at PURE Taqueria because sometimes you need some more girl talk, cheese dip, and the absolute best margaritas on the planet. 



Saturday morning I woke up for an early morning hair appointment.  Y'all -- I haven't had a damn haircut since March.  It was time.  And since I am in desperate need of some life changes what better thing to do that get a little color? I'll try to post some pics -- but I haven't had my hair colored in about 8 years so my adventure into ombre hair is really pretty subtle. Like you may notice if I told you to look closely.  But I adore it so I may go back for something more in a few weeks.  {Definitely try out my awesome hair place JH Design Studio. I love Whitney to death!} 

Saturday night was seriously too much fun.  Em and I went to the Yacht Rock Revue Revival at Park Tavern in Piedmont Park.  It started at about 4 but we figured we wouldn't get there until a little bit before the headliners came on which really was a mistake.  Never in my life have I seen so many people at Park Tavern and never have I ever had so much fun at Park Tavern. Great mix of people of all age groups, wonderful people watching, and a seriously good band. I've been wanting to go to this event for a while but never made it last year. There were seriously so many people out that I legit had to park practically in front of an ex's house on Charles Allen Drive.  And then we promptly saw him walking down the street. NBD. 


A good time was had by all. 

I was the DD last night so fortunately I am not suffering from the massive hangover that most Atlantans are likely experiencing today from last night's party.  In light of that I'm going to try to get this house cleaned up, give myself a manicure, hit the gym, and read my book.  


**side note -- I am not paid or given any perks for promoting locations, hair places, etc. these are just things I like.**

Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment