Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday Inspiration

Guys, I know I am super obsessed with Ted Talks lately. I don't even know who I am anymore -- except that I've been working really hard to be truly purposeful with my down time and making sure I'm doing something positive, productive, and in a lot of instances doing something to better myself. 

I hope that you are able to take the time to view and listen to this one in its entirety.  I have to admit, I mainly clicked the link because of my inherent curiosity on what Monica Lewinsky would even say.  But her discussion on our culture of shame and the monies made from public humiliation is spot on and worth a listen.  I used to read US Weekly, People Mag, etc.  Over the years, I pretty much refuse to engage in these publications and try not to pay attention to a lot of the garage in the media.  My last forray involved looking at a cover that had Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Anniston wearing the same sunglasses or something to that effect.  That's when I realized I had better things to do with time and that there are better things to read.  Even still, I am avid Twitter user, avid Instagram scroller and can certainly not say that I haven't wanted to cast judgement and shame on strangers involved in scandal.  This was a great Sunday listen for me this weekend.  I hope you can glean something from it also. 




~the married gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment