Tuesday, March 6, 2012

And In Other News...The Single Gal Actually Had A Date

I know y'all are probably raising your damn jaws from the floor right about now since I suddenly have a small bit of a social life again. Seriously--I am surprised, too. If you follow on Twitter (one day we will get a button up) you know that I had a date last Thursday.  A big one.  A date with a man I met like 2.5 years ago. In Las Vegas. Absolutely nothing ended up happening on the trip but we have texted and kept up with each other ever since. And if he happened to ever ask me to run away with him I would probably just go and see how it all panned out. Anyway, I guess we sort of became friends. But, who really knows?  I am obviously not a good person to ask about defining relationships. 

Long story short, Tall-ish, Dark and Handsome (TDH) travels a million air miles each year and happened to have a project/meeting in Atlanta (finally) and asked me to have dinner with him. I pretty much didn't really believe it was happening but y'all we had a real dinner date!!!!!!!  It was so surreal that it was kind of a blur but I'll give a basic re-cap. 


-8:30 dinner reservation at Murphy's in VaHi on Thursday night. I love this place and while I am sure everyone in Atlanta has already been there I would still like to profess my complete utter adoration of this restaurant. 


Dinner was amazing. We racked up a huge bill and they started cleaning up the entire place around us basically kicked us out/made us leave. 

-Fast forward to a bar across the street (Fontaine's). Not a stellar or very clean establishment but a good classic I suppose.   A few hours later they finally turned the lights up and also made us leave.  I didn't even realize how late it was. 

I was after 3 when I got to bed.  And then I had to work in the morning.  And I completely forgot that we had a meeting at 9:30...which I totally missed because I was just getting in the car to finally drag myself into the office. Then I begged to leave at 4:30 that afternoon because I felt like death.  It's never good to be on the boss's "Shit List", but I probably have never been on it in the three years I have been there (that I know of....).  I didn't even drink that much but I can't function without 7 hrs of sleep, let alone on the few I got Thursday night. 

But -- It. Was. So. Much. Fun. And totally worth it!  

Here are the "cons" of The Date:

 TDH is considerably older than I am.  So, probably not a future husband.  I really am not sure if I will see him again anytime soon, especially because he basically logs 60-90,000 air miles each year for work.  And he most definitely doesn't live nearby (obvi). 

If you need me, I will be dreamily singing Taylor Swift songs all week. 

Love you. Mean it.
~the single gal~

2 comments:

  1. I call these gentlemen GUMs- Geographically Undesireable Mates. Been there before. Dates are definitely fun, but few and far between...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren-- I love this! He is definitely a GUM. I think he has a project in GA so I'll probably never see him again once that's over. Definite "sigh" on that. Thanks for the visit and the comment!

      ~the single gal~

      Delete