Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Date #2

I'd like to think you have all been on the edge of your seats dying for my date re-cap all week, but even though that's probably not the case I am going to divulge the details anyway. Well...most of the details. 

Again -- this weekend was so much fun! First -- I had the pleasure of an overnight stay at The Grand Hyatt here in Buckhead.  I never think much about our hotels here in Atlanta because I live here so I never really pay attention to one over the other.  Holy Moly! Wonderful, wonderful hotel and staff.  They even had a driver in the hotel SUV take us to dinner so we didn't spend money on cabs! Joe was our driver -- he was a darling to chat with and provided us excellent transportation. 




To say the least, I was really impressed with TDH {again}.  I was going to try to snap a picture of the beautiful view of the city from the 19th floor...but I would probably have to explain a few things...like blogging about him.  

Since I didn't have to work we went to happy hour at Dantanna's!  I don't really keep up with basketball but we had a ton of fun chatting, laughing and watching Norfolk State beat out the number two seed Missouri {this apparently screwed up a lot of brackets}.  Don't y'all love my basketball jargon? I  got carried away by how cute my koozie looked on my Coors Lights and almost had one too many beers before dinner...luckily I reeled my crazy ass back in and was able to maintain my ladylike composure {or, I really hope I did anyway}. 

I got the feeling that TDH really wanted to plan dinner so I gave a few suggestions but was really pleased to hear we had a reservation at Nava!  The Buckhead Life Restaurant Group has a ton of amazing places to choose from but with this gorgeous weather we were able to eat on their huge patio -- it was just lovely and the food was so, so, so good!  



And, no trip into the city would be complete without breakfast at The Flying Biscuit.  We grabbed spots at the counter because it was super packed.  Confession -- we got there a bit late because I dropped my contact lens on the floor of the bathroom while getting ready and ended up spending an extra 20 minutes in there crawling around on my hands and knees for what seemed like an eternity trying to find it so I could see farther than 3 feet in front of me. I think he probably thought I had died in there. For realzies.  But back to breakfast. Our server John was so kind and super funny!  Breakfast and coffee are some of my two most favorite things on the planet and honestly this was probably my favorite part of the weekend.

We also had some time to kill so we wandered down to Phipps to browse and had some St. Patty's Day beers at The Tavern.  I really can't believe he bought me those beautiful Kendra Scott earrings from my Monday post! I love them.

Clearly this Single Gal couldn't have asked for more out of a weekend at all!

Love you. Mean it.
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment