Saturday, June 23, 2012

Guess I'll Go Eat Worms.

I don't even know where to start. It's been a helluva week and I am so seriously glad that it's Saturday and that means the week is almost over.  I feel like I have been pushed to my limits. I'll spare you all the dramatic/boring details and highlight some areas of interest: 

1. I've been counting calories again this week for the first time in a while.  It's not that I am really trying to lose weight, but I feel like it's been too long since I have been truly mindful of what I am putting in my body.  Nonetheless, I am pretty sure it's making me cranky.

2. This week, out of all weeks, is a terrible time to discover that your own family doesn't care about your time, nor do they think it's nearly as important as their time and what they need to get done.  

3. We spent this week with yet another trip to the vet. Poor Hogan Muffin cut his back footpad up outside while we were walking.  Like, serious gross road rash.  I was afraid of two things - a) that he was in some pain and b) that since it was open wound it would get infected. So, off to see Dr. Kraft we went.  On the bright side, we made it out for $100.  On the other side, I have to clean it twice a day, administer antibiotics twice a day, and put some sort of powder on it 2-3 times a day.  It's getting a lot better though.  And for the other stuff, well, there is always a snuggle with Baby Moose. 



4. I had 35 files transferred to me at work this week. Ugh. It is terrible to get these in bulk because you just can't get caught up in less than a week and your shit looks just plain disorganized.  The reason I got these files is so they could take someone else off rotation to assist people that are behind. Let me take a minute and vent on the "team" environment.  Working claims is hard. You have to be on top of your shit all day every day and manage your time well. The problem -- you are not rewarded for this in any office. You just keep taking punishment for those that can't keep up and in some instances, just don't care. I'm over it.  


On a positive note, I am trying to work really hard to resolve my "angry" feelings this week that won't seem to go away. But, at the same time, I don't have to feel guilty about these feelings. As my coworker said, "Feelings are not fatal."  So, if I want to walk around singing,  "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms," all week I can. 

I grabbed these pretties at the store to cheer me up at home. And to make the house seem cleaner and more organized {which it is not}.  The color pink makes everything better. Most of the time.  Also, stay tuned for my review of The Optimist which is chef Ford Fry's newest venture in Atlanta.  Going tonight to shake this week off {even if 3 Putt totally forgot about these plans...}.  Le sigh. 



And I do love all you readers. Totally mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment