Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Keep Calm And....

Well, Birthday Season has started with a bang.  A big, fat, nasty one to my savings account.  I'd like to send a nastygram to the government for putting a large, black cloud over my Birthday which stressed me out to the point where I had a hideous migraine that kept coming back from Friday all the way through Sunday. I'm tapped out with a total of $1500 going to the car.  I mean, it's fine -- a new car is seriously not in the picture for at least 5 more years and I really refuse to get anything until my student loan is paid off and the wheels are also falling off the Honda.  Thank God my ad valorem tax is all of $36 and then a $20 tag fee. 

Tomorrow is D-Day.  There are no more lights on the dashboard glaring at me every time I get in to go somewhere. That car better pass that damn test. After the aphids I really can't take much more this summer. Sheesh. 

I spent so much on the car that I really was going to guilt myself into taking my Lilly maxi dress back.  The dress was expensive. I probably don't really need it. {Ok. I don't need the dress at all.}  I had already ripped the tags off my seersucker mimosa skirt and was sporting it around town so I couldn't cut that one from the closet.  So far I haven't taken it back.  It's on my credit card.  It's irresponsible of me not to return it. I can't afford it. But I'm still just 28 until Thursday...so I can still slide on responsibility for a few days right? 




Might not be the best idea, but it's a lot easier to deal with all this mess in a pretty dress if you ask me. 


Also, a quick note to everyone who has helped me out over the past two weeks or so. It's seriously hard for me to ask for help. I hate it. I don't like depending on other people for anything. I don't like appearing vulnerable or incapable in any way, shape or form. It kills me.  I really don't know why I work myself up so much.  Everything always works out in the end.  So, for now, I'm going to try to repair my savings account.  And I am going to keep calm and wear my expensive maxi dress for the rest of the summer while I do it. 

But thanks for the rides.  Thanks for helping me find someone trustworthy who could fix my car for a reasonable price.  A million little "thank you's" to 3 Putt for bringing me a huge bag of dog food for Hogan (and a bag of treats).  Sympathy tweets were appreciated, too.  And I am sorry for all the complaining.  I am lucky to have a reliable car and even luckier to have some reliable friends. 


Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment