Thursday, July 12, 2012

Living Room: Before and After Progress

I can't believe my furniture was actually delivered today. It is in my living room and I'm super stoked about how everything has turned out so far. The sectional does not appear to be too large, it is comfortable and the grey herringbone fabric I picked out looks fantastic. I was soooo worried. Custom is great and all but if you fuck it up you have to keep it. It is a non-returnable deal. I will start you off with a few "before" pictures. Keep in mind this was before I turned the bonus room into a playroom for #1 so toys are rampant.
Big ass old TV/Carpet


Before

Here is some info on what is in the new living room so far.
Sectional- LazyBoy Collins Sectional/ Fabric Gray Herringbone
Ottoman- LazyBoy
Rug- Shimmering from Home Decorators Collection
Walls- Sherwin Williams Toasted Pine Nut

From Fireplace

Sectional fabric close up

Ottoman

and big blank wall I still have to deal with

Overall I'd say it's a large improvement. We are picking up a TV console we ordered from Home Decorators Collection tonight and Turtle still has to order the new TV so I'll be sure to post once we have those updates done. Is anyone else doing a large overhaul in their house? I still have to start work on the nursery but it's cleaned out for the most part. I also have to say that the TV console was something we conceded on price wise once we found out we were expecting twins. I found two other options from Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn that I loved but what we picked will do for now. I feel like I'm doing the best I can with this living room layout. I swear builders figure out everything else in the house and they just throw up a living room randomly in the middle and with much less functional thought.

The Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment