Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Words. Happy Weekends.

I wanted to do a quick post on a quote that I saw on Tumblr this morning.  I've been trying so hard lately to focus on life and all the great things in front of me, but it's hard for my type A personality to ignore all the other things that need to happen to make sure life is "in order" -- chores, bills, budgets, is the house clean enough, am I working enough and hard enough, not being ok with a day off from the gym and feeling guilt over doing something else.  But the words below were refreshing.  


I want to spend less energy trying to make sure the floors are mopped every two weeks and vacuuming twice a week and working through my lunch several days a week.  Obviously I have responsibilities and that's OK.  But I want to embrace surprise dinners and pop over to The Housewife's more to watch #1 paint dinosaurs and not guilt myself over the calories in two glasses of wine or a bowl of cheese dip or how I look in my swimsuit. 




“I get the invitation every morning when I wake up to actually live a life of complete engagement, a life of whimsy, a life where love does. It doesn’t come in an envelope. It’s ushered in by a sunrise, the sound of a bird, or the smell of coffee drifting lazily from the kitchen. It’s the invitation to actually live, to fully participate in this amazing life for one more day. Nobody turns down an invitation the White House, but I’ve seen plenty of people turn down an invitation to fully live…”
Bob Goff


Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Thanks to all our men and women serving our country right now and all those that have served in the past.  We can celebrate by truly living this weekend. 

Love you. Mean it. 

~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment