Sunday, September 23, 2012

Uneventful Sunday Fodder: A Spaghetti Squash Recipe for All

 After consuming way too many beer calories last week I have had to work hard and get on track this week.   Eating right is  so hard.  I don't do a great job at this.  I always feel like cooking is too time consuming and too much work for a single person.  But while throwing a Lean Cuisine in the microwave is super easy, I get really tired of it most of the time.  

I am here to share the joy of Spaghetti Squash.  We have all seen it on Pinterest.   I'm here to give my review. Spaghetti is probably one of the easiest meals to make on the planet but I have a lot of pasta guilt.  I really won't eat it very often -- even though I love it.  So trust me when I say that once you put the sauce over your veggie substitute you really can't tell all that much that you aren't eating all those terrible carbs. Don't even mention the change to your family.  I bet they won't notice.  The other good thing about this recipe -- I really can just eyeball everything and it always tastes good.  You can't go wrong.  I saw a recipe on Pinterest but this is how mine has evolved.  I did, however, steal an internet photo as I just dump mine in a little tupperware container which is less than picturesque.  

Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti

note -- photo not mine.


1 package lean ground beef (I spend the extra money on Laura's Lean)

2 medium spaghetti squashes

1 jar store bought spaghetti sauce

salt and pepper to taste

bit o' garlic

directions:

-microwave each spaghetti squash for 5-8 minutes depending on size
(start low and if more is needed just do one minute at a time or it will explode. trust.)

-while microwaving squash brown meat in pan.  add salt & pepper & garlic. drain meat and set aside.

-cut spaghetti squash in half. scoop out seeds. 

-take fork and start to scrape.  it should look like spaghetti.  place in bowl. 

(see below)
note - photo not mine.

-simmer spaghetti squash in pan for 2-3 minutes. remove and put in bowl. 

-place browned ground beef and sauce in sauce pan and simmer for 10 minutes.  

-pour sauce over spaghetti squash and serve. 


Let me know if you make this and I missed something.  Or if you love it. Or if you hate it.  

Also, I need more easy, healthy recipes.  Can't eat spaghetti all season so please share some links or ideas. 

Love you. Mean it. 

~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment