Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I'm Back! With Updates!

Oh, hey blog are you still there? I'm sorry to have seemingly abandoned you. In my dreams I had scheduled enough posts to get me through the two weeks while 3 Putt's parents were here and really I have no excuses for the week after that. Has the time change been hard on anyone else? Or is it just me? 

Anyway. I wanted to update you all a bit on life. 3 Putt's parents were with us 2-3 nights for 2 weeks in a row while they were traveling to his mom's art exhibition in Colorado.  It was a definite whirlwind of me cleaning up the house and praying the dogs would behave all while working and trying not to freak out.  I truly don't think I could have wished for more in my heart for their visit. I was glad I had to work some so Matt could spend time alone with his parents but I also got to spend a good deal of time with them. I had never met his father before.  It really was charming to have them all at my house with their accents and easy going personalities -- I can see where 3 Putt gets his calm, easy going personality  traits.  They have dogs at home so it was nice that I didn't feel like I had to worry about the dogs jumping on people or being annoying in general. I rarely have guests so it actually was less stressful than I thought and truly enjoyable. 

I have a few pictures! I managed to get a home cooked meal on the table one night and successfully host 3 Putt's mom for an afternoon of lunch and fun at The Housewife's place while the guys played golf. Pretty daunting to do a day alone with your boyfriends mom. Hopefully I passed all tests with flying colors. 


Walking the greenway with the pups! 


Fancy place settings for our dinner at home! 


Maggie and Hadley hanging out at The Housewife's. 


A grainy photo op from Bistro Niko where we had a quick Sunday date before 3 Putt's parents came in from Colorado. I was fresh from The Dry Bar and because of my hectic week that blowout was worth every penny.  To show you what I mean I will also show you my day 5 hair -- don't judge me for not washing but I had no time to workout that week so it held up really well. Ignore the work bathroom background. 




I feel like 3 Putt has all the other good pics from their visit on his phone. After Christmas we are off to Scotland and Spain for an extended holiday with 3 Putt's family in late February.  Life seems big and exciting for 2014 already -- In a really good way.  3 Putt recently forwarded me a really sweet email his dad sent him once they got home.  It was a hectic two weeks but I ended it with a girls weekend at my place and my heart has been so full. 

-the single gal-





No comments:

Post a Comment