Wednesday, December 19, 2012

In the Kitchen with The Single Gal


Just checking in mid-week! We had family Christmas on my Mom's side of the fam this past weekend and I finally got in the kitchen for what seems like the first time this holiday season {I shamefully only went to Thanksgiving at Mom's loaded with champagne. Didn't make a single thing!}.  I tried two new ones that I really liked and wanted to share with y'all before Christmas.  

I don't have a standard recipe for Mac and Cheese. Usually I try a new one and keep looking for one that I just love. But until last week I hadn't really found one.  It's a lot of trouble buying 6 freaking cheeses and trying to work that one Giada made on The Food Network.   Normally, I steer a bit clear of Martha Stewart recipes because some seem difficult or a bit more complicated than I am looking for when I am ready to make something.  But I bit the bullet and tried her recipe for perfect mac and cheese.  I have to say, it was really easy and it it was incredibly delicious.  The only thing I would change is to add tomatoes but since I knew my group wouldn't be into that, I opted not to this time around.  It really may be perfect, though. 

*photo from the pin i found on pinterest*

Here is the link for Perfect Macaroni and Cheese.


It's also not likely that I will turn down the chance to try any recipe that involves Pillsbury Crescent rolls.  So, I also attempted a new dessert/breakfast item -- Nutella Cream Cheese Danishes.  These were very easy!  I recommend making them for people when they can eat them right out of the oven although they aren't terrible when zap them in the microwave for 10 seconds if you can't make that happen.   The one thing I found when I doubled the recipe was that I had a lot of leftover filling and even had a bit too much in my dough ring.  As a result, I didn't pinch the sides closed well enough and some of the filling came out and they were open on one end, but obvs still tasty. 

photo credit - also found on recipe link


Here is the link for Nutella Cream Cheese Danishes.


What is your favorite Macaroni and Cheese recipe? Or dessert? 


Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment