Saturday, December 29, 2012

{NYE at Home}

Obviously before we all dive into our resolutions for 2013 there is something more important to think about -- what you are doing on NYE.  As someone who usually doesn't go to big parties, expensive dinners or make big plans in general for this particular evening, I thought I'd do a little post on some fun NYE stuff if you are staying in! 

Here are some things I was thinking of: 

Screw the Andre and Korbel.  Splurge on a nice bottle of champagne! 

{ it's not a bad splurge. mainly because if you're home alone at the end of the night like me, one bottle is sufficient.}

You can grab some Veuve Cliquot at Target or the local liquor store.  Probably around $49.99
per bottle but hey -- why not start 2013 with something quality.  

Just because you are alone doesn't mean you should use a solo cup like a college kid. You deserve to bust out the good china to celebrate a year survived and a new one starting.

In my dreams I got these glasses from Anthro for Christmas and I would serve my champagne in them.  What you can't really see in the photo is the beautiful design in white on these glasses.  Do yourself a favor and go the link where you can magnify the glass and see the print on it! Seriously! I saw them in the store and they were exquisite. 

Anthropologie Frosted Panes Coupe glass. Find here.
{$14.00} 


There's obviously no need for a sparkly dress if you are staying in, but this is probably on it's way to my house to wear with some cute fuzzy socks in front of the fire while I watch Rockin' New Year's Eve with Hogan.  No reason to look shabby. 


JCrew Nightshirt in Hydrangea.
{$68.00}
You can also take the time to give yourself a festive mani! I love this subtle sparkle from Essie.

Essie - Good as Gold


And then you can institute a "Do Not Wake" Rule for Saturday if you are like me and not used to staying up super late anymore. 



The Housewife and I are wishing you all a safe and happy New Year!

What are you doing for NYE?




No comments:

Post a Comment