Saturday, March 9, 2013

Upcoming Atlanta Events and Such

Guys I am so sorry that work has been kicking my ass this week! I have a whole list of things to tell y'all.  Seriously.  It keeps growing every day.  

I thought I'd devote some time on this blog to look into some happenings around Atlanta!  While I can't attend all of these or maybe any of them the way my schedule is looking so far, I don't want anyone to miss out.  

Fellow Foodies -- as I was reviewing my cookbook post featuring the Lee Brothers from Chucktown I happened to see on Twitter that one of my favorite Ford Fry venues, The Optimist is having a book signing event for the Lee Brothers on March 26th.  Tickets are $65 per person and include tax and gratuity.  I have the link here and it will highlight the meal that will be executed by Adam Evan who is the head chef there which will feature recipes from Lee Brothers new book.  Books available too -- $35 plus tax.  It seemed pricey at first but once I looked at the menu and also saw you get cocktails it seems like a very fair amount and a very cool event.

Speaking of food -- I also heard this week that snobby yet famous Holeman and Finch (I have a hard time with places that don't take reservations) will be opening a burger stand in Turner Field this season.  It may actually be a better way to sample their fare from what I have heard about the wait at their regular restaurant.  



{article here from Southern Living}


In other news the Atlanta Gay Men's Chorus is hosting their annual fundraising event on March 23rd.  You can buy tickets to their 5th Annual Big Wig party here. Advanced admission is $30 and they will have an open bar and food from Gilberts, 10th and Piedmont, Fifth Ivory, The Jungle, Metrotainment Cafes, and The Great American Cookie Company. 




I may not make the Big Wig party but I think I am definitely in for their upcoming production of music from the Wicked musical on April 19th and 20th at the 14th Street Playhouse.  Tickets are $30 for No Rest for the Wicked



Happy Saturday everyone! Get planning for the rest of March's social calendar on my behalf since I am working all the time lately! 


Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment