Saturday, March 23, 2013

It's So Hard To Say Goodbye

Tonight will be our last night in this house. We are staying with my in-laws for a few days so we can finish packing tomorrow and the movers come on Wednesday. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about the new house and everything that we will do there. What about everything I did here though? I brought all my babies home from the hospital here. I realized the other day that #1's picture with her chalkboard saying "Last Day of Preschool" for this year will be on the steps of another house, as seen in this post. I won't get to see my hydrangeas bloom this year. How many times will I drive by my new house thinking I still live in this house? Yes, that's totally something I would do. I can't even believe I'm leaving my beautiful stencil wall in the twins nursery!! I spent a long time in the bathroom floor with #1 potty training this fall super pregnant with the twins and hardly able to pull myself up out of the floor.

I remember moving into this house. I thought it was so far out from everything. I remember thinking to myself, "How long would it take someone to find me if I died?" Obviously the Single Gal lives 15 minutes away now so it wouldn't be an issue. I love our little house. We need more space now though. It's time to move on. The new house is also closer to the Single Gal....of course! Trying to decorate a larger house keeps me up at night. I know, first world problems/housewife problems, right? You can make a home anywhere but I'm still sad to let this place go. I would add a picture but we wiped our iMac because it was running super slow and everything is on the backup drive thingimagiggy.

My sinuses are OOC right now and I'm doping up on Allegra. I haven't seen the gym in over a week. I didn't realize when we set closing that it was Easter weekend but Easter weekend is always supposed to be the first weekend in April. Am I right or am I right? The church Easter Egg Hunt is today but we have been graced with thunderstorms and cold weather so that's going to be a no go for us and two infants. I'm working on egg coloring projects today for #1.

Well, cheers to change! I'll be sure to take some before/after pics because the new house needs lots of painting.


The Housewife

1 comment:

  1. I am insanely over-attached to houses for the same reason... Not materialistic reasons, but because I try hard to make each place our home. Who knows what's going to happen now that we have a baby... Hope the move goes well-- good luck!

    ReplyDelete