Friday, July 12, 2013

Things I Absolutely Must Stop Baking OR I'll Be 300 Pounds.

There are two things that I have been baking like cray here in the Housewife casa, granola bars and Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies. Both are to die for and I simply want to eat them until I explode and die a happy death. Seriously, especially the cookies.

The Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is from a website I have enjoyed frequenting of late, 100 Days of Real Food. These cookies are so fabulous I have no foodie pics of them even on Instagram because we just eat them up in about 24 hours. Please check out the entire website and read about one family's pledge to eat better. This website and The Whole 30 have opened my eyes and really made me read my food labels. Do you know how many labels say 0 % sugar only to have it listed in the ingredients at the bottom?


I'm going to go ahead and mention my friend gave me this recipe and I do not know the author (is that even the right term?) of it. I am not claiming anything as my own.

Granola Bars

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 cups Rolled Oats
1/4 cup Wheat Germ
1/4 cup Flax Seed
3/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup honey
1 Egg beaten
1/2 cup Canola Oil
2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x9 baking pan. 

In large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and pour in wet ingredients. Mix well using your hands. Pat mixture evenly into the prepared pan. 

Bake 20 minutes. Cool for 5, then cut into bars while they are still warm. 


These bars are also really great to take on a long road trip. I have posted before about trying to eat Paleo and being interested in trying a Whole30. However, I also discovered the 100 Days of Real Food website. So when I cannot or am not eating strictly paleo my goal is to at least be eating "real" food.

I know I have been a little absent on the blog. Things are hectic like everyone else's life and I know that isn't a good excuse. I am making all of the twins baby food and have started cloth diapering them again. The baby food is killer. It's hard to keep up with it but I'm managing it and am really glad they are eating real food! I do give them yogurt and I obviously don't make that but mamma needs some kind of a break. To also be honest I'm counting calories like a Victoria Secret model lately to see if I can get these last 10 pounds off. So while I've sworn off these goodies feel free to indulge. I evidently have no self-control.

The Housewife


No comments:

Post a Comment