Sunday, October 7, 2012

Am I There Yet?

Happy Sunday, Y'all.  It finally feels a bit like Fall outside. I legit got my first hot coffees of the season instead of my die hard summer order of an iced coffee at Starbucks the last two days.  I got to wear my arm warmers for my first four miles {12 total} of running today.  I am starting to need long sleeves to walk the dog.  The Dawgs lost to the Gamecocks in a game so terrible that I couldn't bear to finish watching.  The windows are open. So yes, it's kind of official.  It's October. 

It has been a week! I took a minute to look at my calendar for this month and I am already booked solid.  Between #1's Birthday Bash at The Housewife's, brunches, training for half-marathons, actually racing the half-marathon, "getting back out there", dinner with the girls, and a trip Jacksonville for the GA/FL game I am seriously, seriously busy.  {And already planning for November stuff!}

I bring this up because I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed.  And, the week before Em and I went to dinner in Roswell on Friday night which turned into an all night affair.  Short story -- I met a nice dude.  Who is super tall {this never happens to me}.  Anywho -- I did it.  I bit the bullet and had an actual Post-3-Putt-First-Date.  We met up and had a really nice dinner at Salt in Roswell.  He asked me how Hogan was doing {brownie points} after his test results that I was awaiting.  He was a total gentleman.  He's employed.  I felt short standing next to him {unreal}.  

I cried all the way home. 

I wish I could tell you what the hell is wrong with me.  Or I wish someone would tell me that this is normal so I don't feel so badly about it.  I mean, I'm sure those 3 giant glasses of wine helped but sheesh.  Dude didn't even do anything wrong.  

So the thought of the week/month/year is: "Am I there yet?"  I worry this is a sign that maybe I am not ready to be "out there" {read: super scary awkward dating world} yet.  I've got a lot of other stuff going on and I just don't know if I can deal. 

Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment