Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Where I Divulge that I Now Pick Up Men in Parking Lots.

Hopefully you have all made it to Hump Day unscathed.  I wish I could say the same myself.  Tuesday was pretty nasty.  It's one of my worst days at work every week (seriously Monday is cake compared to the crazy).  I woke up a little before 4 a.m from a particularly harrowing version of my recurring 3 Putt nightmare.  I had to get in 7 miles to get my long run in before the race on Sunday.  And I couldn't even get home at 7 p.m. in a reasonable amount of time because there was a gas main break or something near my house.

On the bright side, I went to bed at 9 last night and was able to get up super early to blog for you fine folks.  I think another reason I have been so tired is because my social schedule is even busier than I anticipated earlier this month.  For one -- I gave Super Tall another date.  

Also...met another dude.  I don't really have tons of details because I don't know either dude very well at this point -- but I thought you would all enjoy the fact that I am here to tell you about how I have given up on the bar scene and internet dating.  Because I pick up people in parking lots that I don't know from Adam. Or they pick me up. Sort of. 

Long story short -- I went to meet a friend after work for happy hour and while I usually valet my car I used public parking down the street.  It was a busy day. I didn't feel like getting a $20 out of the ATM just to give the parking guys $3 and I hate pulling out empty handed even though its "complimentary" valet.  

So friend and I sit down to have 2.5 margs and lots of good convo for a couple hours.  When we were walking to our cars this delicious guy jogs by with his dog.  As a dog lover I naturally want to pet all cute dogs that run by me.  Whatever. They leave.  Friend and I are still talking in the parking lot when dude comes back by....and since we have had 2.5 margaritas we shamelessly accosted him so that we could pet his dog.  And then we end up chatting with him for 30-45 more minutes.  Under more sober circumstance I may not have given this guy my digits in a parking lot, but it definitely happened.  

This completely derailed my original intentions to grab stuff at the grocery store to make dip for #1's birthday party the next day. You can imagine how thrilled The Housewife was when I ran in an hour late with store bought dip and a story of picking up a man on the street instead the next day. 

Concerns: He is 2 years younger than I am. He is a personal trainer.  He is from Boston.  He's pretty darn good looking and I don't know if there is room for two pretty people in any relationship I have. {Kidding. Sort of...}

On the other hand...

- He is a personal trainer. So if you stand real close to him, it's kind of like standing next to a rock.  A really hot, tall rock. 
- His dog is super cute and adorable. 
- He is fun.  We have had dinner/drinks twice. And he is a twin! And seems pretty smart. 


So...moral of this story? Not sure yet. Verdict is still out.  Thoughts? Advice? Judgements? Leave 'em. 

Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment