Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Weekend Recap!

So...Monday morning I was incredibly sad to see last weekend come to an end.  Well, I was sad for like 4 hours until my flowers were delivered!

My weekend started early.  TDH really likes to be the one to make the plans (no complaints here) but since he is an out-of-towner I always send a list of suggestions and he goes from there.  I was beyond excited to finally eat an actual meal at Little Alley Steak in Roswell {reviewed previously} rather than just sit at the bar, drink too much Chard, and harass the awesome bartenders.  I figured a nice steak dinner would be good prep for my race on Sunday, too.  Boy was it.  I had the small filet and successfully ate every bit of the mac and cheese on our table.  And maybe had a lot of wine.  We had a fabulous dinner! We were almost 30 minutes late for our reservation but I have yet to see a hostess that isn't immediately disarmed by his ridiculous Scottish accent so I knew we wouldn't get any static. 

Little Alley place cards!
*image from atlfoodsnob.com*

The only crazy part was that we had to make our exit right by Tall Stu who also happened to be right outside with some friends that night.  Awkward. I prayed he didn't see me but I think he did! It's not that I'm sneaking around but I didn't exactly feel like making introductions either. 

I was up late for sure but managed to eek through Friday at work and then speed into Atlanta to meet up for our reservation at Murphy's {I know, I know, we went there last time, but Murphy's is never a bad idea. Ever.}  We ate on the patio.  We drank beer.  The food was perfect.  The service, as always, was spectacular.  I also love that he recognized that I was hardly keeping my eyes open and I got to go back to the hotel and watch TV in bed until I fell asleep.  Speaking of sleep - I didn't get out of bed until well after 9 a.m. It was so nice to just pop out of the hotel and be right in Atlanta.  We walked around a lot, talked a lot,  had coffee, and then meandered to ESS for brunch.  Where we talked more, ate more, laughed more, etc.  {I even cheated and had a bellini the day before my race.} 

Anyway. He is super fun. And its always nice to go out with someone that takes care of all the little details where you don't have to worry about anything.  The accent, good looks, and perfectly fitted suits don't hurt either.  

Sunday was race day!!!


I already gave y'all the only picture I took when I did Monday's post.  So sorry about that.   I had such a great day! It was so easy to get to Athens early in the morning, they had plenty of free parking,  and there were only about 3,000 people racing.  My original goal was to shoot for a time anywhere from 2:10-2:15.  The last official time I logged was 2 years ago for a half and it was around 2:26.  I got my race results -- and I officially came in at 2:09:38!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I beat my ultimate goal of 2:10.  I needed a good race to get out the crazy bad juju that was the Las Vegas Marathon.   I am so proud of myself - especially considering I trained alone and wasn't even sure I could run that fast.  Again, I ran like hell to get that time.  I looked at my race photos yesterday and I basically have a terrible look of pain on my face when I crossed the finish line, but I did it! 

I came home and sat on the couch the rest of the day and watched girly movies with Em and it was glorious. So was the pizza we ordered.  And the beer we drank. 

Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment