Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Restaurant Review: Canoe

I got up early this morning to jump on this post! I don't even know if y'all like the restaurant reviews but I could not let this week pass without expressing my love for Canoe.  For years I've heard how wonderful and beautiful this place is and it did not disappoint.  We went for an early birthday celebration for Little A's Dirty Thirty. 

If you google enough images you will see that solely based on scenery they have many, many weddings and other nice events here as well.  It's super romantic there so there are TONS of couples but don't let that deter you one bit because we also had a perfect girls night out. {Additionally, I will say that if your man takes you -- he is a keeper for sure.}
  

*photo credit here*


**photo credit here*

Daytime view.
*Photo credit here*


One piece of advice -- reserve your table early! I got on Open Table on Sunday night to make our Saturday reservation and we could either eat at 5:45 or at 9:00 p.m. We opted for 9 and decided to arrive around 8 for pre-dinner drinks at the bar. The bartender was excellent at helping us pick out our wine from their list and they even transferred our drinks to our dinner tab so we didn't have to go through the trouble of closing out at the bar before dinner {serious bonus points for that}.  The hostess also offered to try to seat us early if we wanted, but we were having fun chatting so I never went back over to grab her and ask if we could eat early but it was extremely nice and awesome of them to offer.  

Our server Mitch was absolutely fantastic! Request him if you go!  He knew so much about the menu and was able to guide us to really good choices for appetizers and entrees.  He also didn't seem to mind that we were loud, drank lots of wine, and demanded a brunch menu and discussion of said brunch menu before we left the premises.  

You can find their menu here -- although I am sure they do some seasonal changes.  I had the Pan Seared Arctic Char for my entree and it was incredible.  Really, really great food!  I think all the girls agreed.  Also unprecedented -- we could not decide on one dessert to try so we each got one at the end of the night.  I had the apple cobbler.  I was so full I couldn't eat it all even if I wanted to so I was sad to see some of it go in the garbage at the end of the night but I couldn't get another bite in of anything.  But they have a ton of signature plates and dishes Mitch told us about and it was so hard to decide that I will just have to go back very soon to try something else.  A++ on service, ambiance, and food.  Everyone go and tell me how much you loved it!

Love you. Mean it.
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment