Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Catching Up

Just doing a Single Gal check in today! Life has been randomly busy for a January -- I usually take some time after Christmas to hibernate due to the holiday whirlwind.  I'm also doing that thing where I already have several things booked for February?!

A few things...

 - I've been pretty good about less time on my phone.  Definitely a lot better about not having it out during work and taking a night or two to leave it upstairs when I get home as well.  I am really hoping to create a habit that way it won't be so darn difficult and to not feel like I am missing anything -- because really, I'm not. 

- On the "no frivolous spending" front -- January was actually going to have a lot of expenses prior to financial focusing for 2013.  However, I have an opportunity at work to grab some extra shifts for much needed cash {which I normally don't as a salaried employee} so I worked last Sunday and plan to work all this weekend and maybe even all next weekend.  This will have me working around 21 days in a row, but they are only doing it through January and I think I may actually end up with a little extra cash.  However, with all that work things are going to continue to be busy this month. 

- Speaking of finances -- how is it already time to file taxes again? Oy. 

I know I have been MIA lately -- I am going to work hard not to be MIA the rest of the month even with the weekend shifts.  I am also going to try not to let them make me ornery and grumpy.  If I say something mean, don't take it to heart. It's probably because I'm just tired.  

Another thing - I have more to catch you up on! Really.  My cousin set me up on this blind date right after Christmas - we will call him Blind Date.  More on this experience later. 

I had a hair appointment this week so I feel like a new and better person already.  

Also - if you are in the Atlanta area - what is with all this rain? I feel like its rained so much the last 6 weeks.  I can't deal. My hair can't deal. The dog can't deal.  Enough already! 

Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment