Thursday, January 31, 2013

{catching up}

Mercy.  I don't even know where to start.  I've at least survived 3 days of a new week.  But boy do I ever have my eyes set on Friday.  I think I have more than earned my 3 day weekend after so many extra shifts and extra hours put in last night.  It was another rainy, awful weather day here in Georgia yesterday and when you add a morning doctor's visit {getting that annual check up out of the way}, the blur of working so many days in a row while trying diligently to address some items at the office I have put off {and items I am also having some difficulty with} a run wasn't in the cards at the end of the day.  

I shuffled out to my car in the rain, hit the Starbucks drive through to get a nonfat chai tea latte and meandered home to get Hogan out and have some much needed quiet time.  There's a lot to be said about sitting by the fire, enjoying some magazines, and working through a bit of laundry in your own solitude.   

But, let's not dwell on rain and work and other such things. Let's hit some high points for this week...

- I got two super sweet notes.

- Came home to find my Sephora order safely on the doorstep and not blown away by tornado-esque winds.

- I finally finished the last of that blasted cornbread. 

- I have a warm, cozy home to return to every evening. 

-It stopped raining for a bit right before bed so I could get Hogan outside. 

- I have dinner plans with some of my favorite girls after work today.  If that can't get me through a Thursday at work, nothing will. 


On another note -- where the hell did January go? How are we already one month into 2013?


Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

1 comment:

  1. For those of us living vicariously through you, we need dating updates!

    ReplyDelete