Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Obsessions: Crossfit

I finally got up the guts to go to a Crossfit class on Saturday. A new location opened up close to my home and it's now potentially feasible for me to get to class a few nights a week. I've heard so much about Crossfit and know two people who have done it before. I must admit, after hanging out with plenty of Ironman competitors and great distance runners, I was pretty intimidated to even go. I emailed Coach D on Thursday and told him I would be by to check things out and one of my good friends who knows the Crossfit gang around here agreed to meet me there as well. I'm glad I emailed the Coach prior because I almost chickened out and didn't go. I mean, have you guys seen the Crossfit Games on ESPN before? I know everyone is not in THAT kind of shape but still.

So I decide to show. Nobody likes a "no call, no show" as the Single Gal and I always say. I went. I worked out, hard. I'm not even sure of the last time I pushed myself that hard in any type of fitness class. It was great. I was having a Legally Blonde moment of endorphin high from working out. I felt like a new person and more like my old self. Everyone was super nice, welcoming and encouraging.  Now, it's quite a chunk of change on top of maintaining my current gym membership but I'm going to give it a go for a few months. I'll take some before pics and maybe I'll do a before/after thing. Maybe.   I'm still not sure if things are going to go back to their original places. Sigh. Nothing will happen just sitting on my bum that's for sure.

Coach D told me to come back Monday night. So.....I guess I'm going back for more torture tomorrow.

The Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment