Sunday, September 15, 2013

Road Tripping with a 2 Year Old

Hey friends! It definitely feels good to wake up at the beach and not have much on the agenda for the next week but boy did we have a time coming down. We (#1) had to battle lots of demons on the car on the way down. 

We started out with one baby and #1 in the van and let my brother in law take the calm baby in 3 Putt's car. 

I get that it's hard to be two. I get that it's hard for someone that age to grasp that the beach is not just down the road, but rather a day's car ride away. But this child won't sleep. She wouldn't watch TV. She would hardly listen to music. 

This is when I came to realize that traveling with a two year old is like dragging that "high maintenance" friend along for a night out. Sure you love her, but even though you knew you were in for some drama it's always a little worse than you imagined. 

All those things your friend can say: 

 "I'm cold."

"I don't like this bar." 

"I hate this so ng." 

"I know that guy could be your future husband but you know I hate to pee alone and I need to borrow your compact anyway. Puhleese come with me." 

It's kind it the same with a 2 year old. 

"Are we there yet?" 

"I have to pee."

"Hold my hand. Hold my foot." 

"Don't touch meeeeeee!!!!" 

"I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE BEACH! TAKE ME HOME."

"I have to pee." (For the 5th time in 3 hours.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment