Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What I've Been Reading

I don't think these posts get a lot of volume per se, but I do believe in reading as much as possible so for the very few people that care, here is what I've been reading lately (because oh my God I got to read so much on vacation it was just freaking unbelievable and wonderful).


The Night Circus 

I was hesitant to start this one because I gave it my mother for Christmas and she gave it back to me saying she "couldn't get into it".  Let this be a lesson as to my mother's slight tendency for being crazy.  I was hooked like 30 pages in.  Beautiful book.  Beautiful story. Beautiful imagery. 
buy here

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and Other Concerns)

 I like The Office fine but never really fell in love with Mindy until her show came on Fox last year.  I watch very few shows but I find that I truly, truly enjoy Mindy's and thought this book would be a nice beach read.  It's short and quick.  There were some parts I didn't love but there were a good many that made me laugh out loud and I enjoyed learning more about Ms. Kaling and the journey she has been on to get to where she is today.

buy here

Firebird

Basically I read every book Susanna Kearsley puts out. She isn't for everyone, but a bit of light, time-travelish romance never hurt anyone.  


buy here
What are you reading? Send the recommendations over because I'm on a reading spree. 

~the single gal~




No comments:

Post a Comment