Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Musings

Sunday.  Supposedly the "Day of Rest"...but rather the day of unrest here at The Single Gal casa.  We pushed the long run from Saturday because of #1's birthday party (super cute and a super success if you ask me -- and it was super simple) and I ended up staying late at The Housewife's to spend some extra time with my sister and Mom after the party so not much was accomplished yesterday.  Just under 10 miles in for the day, 1 mile walked with the dogs along with copious amounts of vacuuming and mopping downstairs has left me exhausted and counting the minutes until I can scarf down a gigantic lunch. BUT -- it does feel good to be done with my run and to have conquered a big home chore.  

I really wanted to catch some lake time with my parents before they put their boat away but 3 Putt and I have a charity dinner for a golf tournament he is in tonight and it was just going to make my day to hectic.  I'm trying to learn to say "no". I just can't do ALL the things I want on the weekends and maintain sanity.  I just can't.  

A few things from the weekend...

3 Putt and I had a small wedding reception to attend on Friday night for some of his friends that recently married in the UK.  We decided that we would try Uber Atlanta for the first time.  I have to say -- we really loved it.  All of it. The app, how you can review the drivers, the nice cars -- and the prices were pretty much the same as a cab ride would have been.  If you want $10 off your first Uber ride you can use promotion code 9zddc

I saw this on Pinterest and just kind of love it: 

//via//


We are just over 6 days away from Ath Half! I'm not quite sure I'm going to beat my PR from last year due to my lack of strength training and running in some SUPER old, janky sneakers but I do know that it's going to be a lot of fun! It's definitely a race I highly recommend if you are in the Atlanta area. 

In other news, I'm not asking the Universe for cold weather, but some nice sweater + warm beverage weather would be nice.  Help a girl out. 


What did you do this weekend?! Am I the only one wishing for more of a "season change" here in The South? 


~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment