Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday Obsessions: Cinnamon Rolls

This weekend I made some cinnamon rolls and I really just can't stop thinking about them. I know making them from scratch seems like a lot of trouble but the recipe I use really is simple.  I got the recipe I use from my friend Caroline -- her lovely mother in law, Carol would make these.  Seriously -- I tried another recipe one time that ended up with cinnamon rolls being thrown into the garbage.  This one works.  Trust.  If there is one thing I'm not messing around with it's food.  

Carol's Cinnamon Rolls

4-5 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 envelopes yeast
1 Tsp salt
1 cup milk
2/3 cup water
3/4 lb butter
2 eggs (at room temp)
 
- place 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt into large bowl
 
- place milk, water and 1/4 cup oleo into pan. Heat until very warm
 
- place milk mixture into flour mixture

-add eggs
 
- add enough flour to make dough elastic
 
- place dough in greased bowl and let raise until doubled
 
- after dough has risen, roll into a square shape
 
- spread butter over dough then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon
 
- roll and cut into 1 1/2" to 2" pieces
 
- place into greased pan
 
- refrigerate 2 to 24 hours
 
- when ready to bake let rolls sit out for 10 minutes and bake at 350 degrees until brown
 
Powdered sugar glaze: powdered sugar, very little milk and pat of oleo. Blend and place on rolls when still warm. Add flavoring.


here is my photo journey...except I forgot to take one of them out of the oven! Sorry! 

Dough after it has had time to rise/double. 


The rolling pin of all Single Gals - can o' beer. 



All rolled out with the good stuff for the middle. 


And now rolled up. 


Ready for the fridge until time for breakfast! 

Seriously try these! The best part is making them the day before and just popping them in the oven the next morning and enjoying them with friends and family! 

Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~


No comments:

Post a Comment