Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Welcome to Gripe City. The Single Gal's Favorite Place This Week.

I just wanted to check in and let someone know that I resisted the Kendra Scott sale on Gilt this week, the purchases outlined in Monday's post that I wanted to make, and made myself stop dreaming of that Lilly Pulitzer swimsuit.  

The bottom line is I have really, really, really wanted to shop this week.  Mainly because things have been really hard and lame at work lately and I am just sick of it.  I am trying to be positive but I am kind of over that and just moving towards indifference.  I talk to a lot of cry babies all day whose definition of "fair" is extremely ridiculous.   I can't take it.  I can't take people spam calling me and not leaving a message.  As if they were 5 year olds and not actual grown ups.  Lord help me.  

I am hoping that my plans for a long overdue pedicure {haven't had one since I came back from NYC!} and a trip to The Dry Bar on Saturday morning with Em {birthday fun for her!} before lunch with an old friend from my old job {you know, the one I loved} will make me a bit more relaxed and not so high strung about all the small things at work that are getting to me.   I keep trying to tell myself to look at the big picture.  Maybe I'll get through to my own hard head before the end of the week.  



Also, I am assuming I will like work more in March.  Where I will get 3 paychecks, perhaps a bonus, finish my taxes, and just maybe plan a vacation with 3 Putt that I can look forward to going on.  

Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment