Sunday, February 10, 2013

Prioritizing

Seriously I have SO many posts listed on a Post It note waiting to be written {pun not intended, but I like it so I am keeping it}.  I am sorry to have been very MIA this weekend but I took the time for an actual weekend at home catching up on numerous items that needed desperate attention --  helping The Housewife with the butter beans {aka babies}, margaritas + cheese dip with a handsome guy, house cleaning, time with Hogan, reading, stocking the pantry and fridge, cooking, dates (!), DVR, etc.  So I was at home a lot, but at the same time doing lots of other stuff.  I will have the second part of my dating post updated this week {I say this so I know I have already committed to the task}.  In truth I  am only waiting because I needed a good chunk of time to sit down and write it, which I haven't had and I want to make sure all the important and good stuff is included.  

I say all of this because I have been doing a lot of thinking about priorities.  As such there has been a lot of re-prioritizing lately.  I realized I tried to take on too much in January.  After trying to work  almost every day to earn some extra money to meet one of my financial goals I woke up one day and realized that training for my half was becoming really difficult.  And not fun.  And that I was working all those days to get rid of some debt so in reality I didn't need to spend another $100 on a race fee and another $100 for new running shoes in the next few weeks.   Something had to give and that was the Publix Half Marathon {sadness}.  This was difficult for me.  I don't like saying "I can't" do this or "I don't have time" for such and such.  Those are lame ass excuses for anything in life {like completing my dating post}; however, I do have to realize when I am overcommitted.   Does anyone ever feel like this? Have any of you had to drop a goal or a commitment to maintain your sanity and your quality of life? 

It's just that I want to be able to do everything I want to and also do it well.  I know this is not realistic -- thanks for the lesson January.  I guess when it came down to it the race didn't make sense in the big picture.  I usually try to pay attention to all the small pictures and hope that this will result in all the big things falling into place,  except I think that I need to work on my perspective a bit.  So there's a good goal for February I think.  

Atlanta is getting pelted with rain AGAIN this week.  It started tonight and more until Wednesday.  Still, I'm determined to have a good week and start looking for some positives like how all these droplets are filling up Lake Lanier and it will be boating season soon {yay!}.  I know it's not a snow storm like in New York blah blah blah - but they have fashion week so who cares? And I thought it was supposed to snow up north so no big, right? Anybody else with me on this? They all seemed fine based on my Instagram feed. 

And while we are dicussing priorities I'll leave you with this...



Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment