Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Housewife Confessions

#1 has taken three naps in 7 days. The apocalypse must be coming. You've been warned. 

We had our parent fair for preschool last night. I thought it would be easier since I'm past my rookie season, but I'm not so sure. I miss last years teachers (clearly, I'm no better than a three year old myself).  This year there is a Christmas party and an Easter party to volunteer for. Good news is I am very aware of this "class project" business and have proactively volunteered to handle that in hopes I don't have to do anything for the auction basket. I hate soliciting. 

I drink way too much coffee and not nearly enough water. There, I said it. 

I really thought the twins would stop waking up at 5:30 by now. Sigh. I just hate to let them cry it out for fear they will wake #1 up even earlier than her normal 6:45 time. The twins do go back to sleep, they just get a bottle. BUT still. 

#1 has really excelled in her swim lessons this summer....like way beyond what I thought she could do. Bad news is she thinks she's Janet Evans. By that I mean if you don't have a firm grip on her or enough distance between the pool and her so you can over take her when she goes to jump in, you're in trouble. I almost had to go in after her yesterday, in my clothes no less because I had gotten her dressed and she was wearing shoes. Anyone's ability to swim in shoes is questionable. 

I'm mildly starting to stress out about #1's birthday party. I have my "theme" (if you will) but need to pull the trigger on an invitation, invite list, menu, decor, etc.  Someone please plan the kids activities so they are not bored. Thanks. 

XOXO
The Housewife 

No comments:

Post a Comment