Saturday, January 11, 2014

Rainy Saturday

Happy Weekend, all! So glad the polar vortex left us but with two dogs I'm a bit grumpy about the rain even though its much warmer here.  Basically the dogs dislike any inclement weather and it's a pain to try to walk them with them both tugging on their leashes to go back inside immediately.  That is if they even leave the front porch.  I managed a gym trip and two errands with The Housewife this morning but it's been hard to regroup on many other chores since I have been home.  It was a pretty long week.  Work is busy again, vet appointments, trying to make gym classes, etc was a big change since the holiday season is over!  Obviously I'd rather visit you all than complete all my laundry. 

I'm proud to say that I have really been good on shopping but I've been cyber stalking this camel cape. (Like really good -- I even completely resisted the big Lilly Pulitzer sale!) I returned the camel coat but this $179 cape was marked down to just under $56 and man my fingers are itching to order it.  There is something I really love about having my arms free. I think this is why I love vests so much in cooler weather?  


I love how the blogger from Penny Pincher Fashion styled her camel cape recently! 


//via//

I did want to give a quick update on The Flat Iron Curl debacle.  I really liked the tutorial and felt like I was getting the hang of it -- but still they weren't staying very well and I had some kinks in my hair.  I think this problem stems from the fact that I have a cheapo flat iron.  And let's face it, I am not getting an upgrade anytime soon with the fact that I'm hosting a baby shower for my little sister, going to Europe in February and pretty much waiting for my car to break any day now.   If you have success let me know! And I want a picture. 

I've been working to register little Rocky for daycare this weekend.  Poor little guy sometimes just needs another option for fun and playtime.  Especially since every time I try to take him to the dog park no little dogs are in there.  How is it that no matter how many vaccinations I get for my dogs there always seems to be another one they need? So frustrating.  

~the single gal~



No comments:

Post a Comment