Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Single Gal Gets Engaged

I know you have all heard about my big surprise engagement last weekend.  So, if you are tired of hearing about it -- seriously sorry. But I did want to get a bit of a post up to share! 

It really started out like a normal weekend. I knew we had a nice dinner planned on Saturday because it was our "official" one year anniversary (official in that we are not counting the other times we dated the last few years).  Friday was nice but it was SO cold all week but the dogs were driving us crazy so we bundled up to get a few miles in on the greenway.  It's my new favorite thing. 

Anyway, let's just say that 3 Putt is really good at surprises.  I truly had no idea it was coming.  


Unluckily for 3 Putt I had been putting of some pretty maj car repairs until Monday and I decided that even though I was supposed to meet him in Atlanta after work with the dogs...I probably really should let my car sit until Monday.  So he had to come pick me up.  Not once during the ride did he even act weird, jittery, or strange. 

I'm not going to go over all our gushy details but I gave him a little anniversary card right before we were going to leave for the restaurant (or so I thought) and I did think it was odd that he didn't seem to have anything for me. We said no presents, but I thought surely flowers or something?  So I sit down to wait on him to get his shoes but he brings me out a little gift.  Its a picture book of all our fun moments from the past year.  Except the company put the last two pages in the wrong order. So I did think it was weird when he adamantly put his hand down and turned the last two for me.  Because I'm thinking "Who cares if they got November and December pictures mixed up?" -- but then I realize something REAL is happening in this living room AND HE IS PROPOSING TO ME. 



SO THEN HE GETS DOWN ON ONE KNEE AND GIVES ME A DIAMOND RING! 

(I said yes in case you were wondering. Duh.)

And we tried to take some weird selfies to send to the fam before dinner. 

Funny story -- I asked this wonderful man to get me a Krispy Kreme doughnut on his way to my house from work on Friday.  I was super excited about it and then he FORGOTMYDOUGHNUTANDIWASSOSAD.  Like so sad that I hassled him the rest of the night about it.  I'm not even kidding.  I didn't want it to be a big deal but I guess I really wanted a doughnut. Whatever. 

So he tells me Friday night while I issue another complaint about this doughnut -- "Babe - trust me, I will make it up to you tomorrow."

And in my head "I'm all -What the hell is this guy going to do to make up for the fact that he FORGOT my Krispy Kreme?"

Turns out the man is as good as his word.  And we went on Sunday night to get me a doughnut (okay two). 



We ate at Bistro Niko and enjoyed all the French food and even threw down for a bottle of Vooov.  Such a special night. 


Monday we went to the Solomon Brothers to look at the rest of my diamonds.  I feel like I have had a few ring questions about the band.  A while ago I decided that although I see a lot of gorgeous engagements sets I just wanted to do something a little different.  Again gorgeous but most look the same.  So I am going with a set of 3 different bands.  I love them.  


So. Here we are. Enjoying the last year of Single Gal status.  I say "Single Gal" status as I don't technically feel like I will give up the handle until I am not filling taxes as "single".   Hopefully you will still want to hear from me.  I feel like I'm fun, yes? 

It's been a really overwhelming week for me.  Mostly in a great way from receiving so many congrats and well wishes.  Feeling happy and excited.  Feeling anxious about planning a (super small) wedding.  I can see how these brides get caught up.  The first two nights I just woke up in the middle of the night and my brain was running a marathon.  I couldn't even sleep.  

Any wedding planning advice?

~the (engaged) single gal~

1 comment:

  1. Car repairs and doughnut have been forgotten – There are lots of disappointing things that happened to you. Good thing you have a sweet boyfriend who made a great effort to surprise you and somehow made you forget all of the problems you’re having. The doughnut problem has been solved, I hope your car will be the next one.

    Kayla @ GeorgetownShell.com

    ReplyDelete