Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Five

1. I'm really grateful for some unplanned time off this holiday season since we are a bit slow at the office.  I don't have to go back to work until Thursday next week! Hoping to find lots of projects to occupy my time with because seriously I am no good at relaxing.  

2. Trying two new recipes for Sunday Christmas gathering with extended family! I tried to find a jazzed up green bean recipe because I think green beans are the only veggie 3 Putt likes and I'm making a fancy brussels sprouts salad that probably only the females in the fam will even try.  Links below to the pins where I found the recipes!

Green Bean Salad with Walnuts, Fennel, & Goat Cheese


//via//

Chopped Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Shallot Dressing


//via//

3.  I saw that PIPM recently reviewed some African Black Soap and I finally found some at Wal-Mart so I can try it! I heard it really helps with bumps and is an effective make-up remover.  The bar was just under $5! I promise to report back. 



4.  I have had such a fun time reflecting on 2013 lately as it is drawing to a close.  Lots of changes.  Lots of surprises.  Lots of potential for 2014.  Got a lot accomplished and looking forward to goal setting for the new year. 

5.  I'm sending up prayers to the sleep Gods for The Housewife.  Her children are not napping and I can't seem to see her and she can't blog.  Y'all join in. I know we all want to hear from her! 


Happy Friday! Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas!

~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment