Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sending Love to My Single Gals During the Holidays

I've been thinking a lot about where I was last year around Thanksgiving/Christmas.  And by "where I was" I really mean where I was emotionally.  Because we all know my broken-hearted self had been spending all my nights on my sofa with Emily making her eat Domino's with me and watching a lot of Downton Abbey on DVR for months.  Or I may have been watching "The Holiday" and "You've Got Mail" on repeat (I mean, do those ever get old? I think not.).  Let's not forget the Great Sinus Infection (and ear infection) over Christmas of 2012.  I wasn't suicidal or anything but good Lord I was tired of the whole damn Universe from Thanksgiving onward.  

What I'm saying is...all my single gal pals {and guys, too I suppose} -- I know how freaking hard it is to be single during the holidays.  It's not that I don't have my wonderful and loving family every year.  I love that and it's awesome.  But at the end of they day they all kind of have their own people, The Housewife is building new traditions with her own family and spending time with her in-laws, etc.  We do a lot of stuff in my family prior to Christmas Day so by that time the last few years I just felt downright glum and sorry for myself by Christmas Day.   And then you get to countdown to the New Year.  You know -- that year that's supposed to be "your year" and "all about you".  But then there is that nagging fear it won't be all that different?  

I have all those fears, too.  This year has been completely different from the past few years so far and I know that I am very lucky to be where I am.  I am very happy this year.  Actually,  I feel like I really earned a damn holiday season of happies.  So I'm taking it all in.  

But all my loves out there -- call if you need a friend, a glass bottle of wine, or anything at all.  I wish you all the Merriest of Christmases.  And I know 2014 will be your year. 

Love you. Mean it. 
~the single gal~

No comments:

Post a Comment