Wednesday, March 12, 2014

{scotland part one}

I'm so late on a travel post. I worry I have forgotten some of the wonderful details of my trip! We got in pretty late to Scotland after our day in Paris. I was so far beyond tired.  We didn't stay up very late and I slept until 10 am the next day (unheard of for me).  We had a lovely time just going about town and hanging out with 3 Putt's family.  They live pretty much in the middle of Scotland and are in the town of Auchterarder (thanks customs agent for making fun of the way I said it) near this huge amazing 5 Star resort where they are hosting the Ryder Cup this year.   Since 3 Putt's sister works there we went for a little tour and stopped off for some adult beverages before our late lunch back at the house. 

Fun at Gleaneagles


I mean how cute are his dad and his sister? I loved finally being able to meet his sister and brother-in-law.  Big highlight of my trip! They made me feel so, so welcome and it's a wonderful feeling to have going into our marriage.  I could not be any luckier on the in-law front.  Seriously!



Here are some pro images from the Gleneagles website just so you have an idea about this luxury spot.  It is really incredible. 

//via gleneagles website//



I will make myself save money for a spa trip one day.  

//via gleneagles website//

3 Putt's parents have 3 fluffy dogs.  They were super cute. 


My soon-to-be brother-in-law was assigned to take us out the following day while everyone else set up for a family engagement party at the house.  He took us up into the mountains in Crief and drove us around.  We stopped for some pictures.  So beautiful!



I actually don't have any photos really from our engagement party! I put my phone down and had so many people to talk to I never went back to find it until later that night.  However, I am still touched by the giant welcome I received and the fact that his family came from near and far for this gathering and to meet me.  It was a really special day and I am so thankful that I was able to meet pretty much all of his family on our trip.  We will see them again for a post-wedding dinner around Christmas! I can't wait.  


~the single gal~






No comments:

Post a Comment